- - Housekeeping
- Aspen, CO, USA
- Full Time
OBJECTIVE: Provide the best and friendliest service to our guest and homeowners.
SCOPE: All functions as they pertain to the cleanliness and upkeep of the units
and The Gant property as a whole.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide cheerful, efficient service for Gant owners and guests.
- Know and understand all types of housecare services performed at The Gant: Stay-overs, Midweek, Checkouts, Trash & Towels, Deep Cleans and Construction Cleans.
- Understand proper use of all cleaning chemicals.
- Be responsible for cleaning assigned units or areas according to written performance standards in a timely and efficient manner, and completing all corrections as assigned by supervisor.
- Dispose of all trash and ashes in designated trash compactor or ash can.
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the property and Housecare work areas by keeping linen closets and storage areas neat and clean, and by being cautious regarding trash disposal.
- Ensure proper placement of clean linens on services and proper disposal of dirty linens in maid's closet bins.
- Report to work promptly as scheduled and do not depart until released by supervisor.
- Be responsible for all keys issued for the day. Do not leave your keys anywhere or with anyone other than a Housekeeping Supervisor. Turn in all keys to Housekeeping Supervisor before leaving for the day.
- Punch in and out on phone system on all services.
- Ensure that daily assignment sheet accurately reflects services performed.
- Maintain neat, clean appearance, wearing Gant uniform, and nametag.
- Turn in lost and found items and tag items left behind by guests.
- Be willing to perform any tasks outside the normal job parameters that are assigned which may be required to help the Housekeeping Department or The Gant as a whole.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prompt reporting of any maintenance/damage/missing items from units.
- Promote good owner/guest relations through courteous service and special cleaning requests.
- Attend all housekeeping meetings.
- Adhere to Gant and Housekeeping Safety Rules.
- Complete all off-season projects as assigned.
- Assist in training of new hires by upholding Gant standards of cleanliness and guest service by good example.
- Dependable, stable work background.
- Experience working with the public.
- Good communications skills.
- Willingness to put in extra time or change schedule to achieve goals.
- Ability to do several tasks at one time.
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Good body flexibility, good health, physically strong with the ability to perform the following repetitively, on a daily basis:
- Climb stairs.
- Bend over as when placing clean and/or dirty linens and towels, cleaning behind pieces of furniture, picking up items from floor, re-stacking firewood and cleaning bathtubs.
- Kneel and crawl to clean various lower parts of units for such as baseboards and fireplace hearths.
- Reach and stretch to clean under beds, overhead cabinets, ceilings, and under miscellaneous furniture.
- Push, pull and carry a vacuum cleaner, various furniture, open and close dumpster doors, etc.
- Stand on feet most of the day.
- Lift and carry 25-50 pounds as when carrying dirty laundry and towels, large trash bags from unit to unit and to dumpsters, and furniture in units.
- Get down on knees, bend over and clean behind a toilet.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Picking up small items such as hair or thread from the floor.
- Washing dishes, cleaning small crevices.
- Opening and closing doors, drawers and windows.
- Making beds, folding blankets, etc.
- Good eye for detail.
- Good with numbers (addition and subtraction.)
- Cheerful, cooperative attitude.
- The primary work areas are the condominium units; property walkways, stairways, and elevators; housekeeping office, housekeeping closets, outbuildings, Conference Center, Administration offices, and other areas of The Gant property, including the grounds.
- Extensive contact with cleaning chemicals and other tools required for cleaning units and other areas of The Gant property.
- Standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and other repetitive movements. Standing on feet most of the day.
- Fast paced work environment including contact with many other members of the staff.
- Safety conscious behavior for yourself and your co-workers. It is imperative that you immediately report any unsafe behavior or conditions that you become aware of.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Cleaning tote.
- Metal ash bucket.
- Whisk broom and dust pan.
- Vacuum cleaners.
- Trash totes.
- Cleaning chemicals