- - Bell Staff
- Aspen, CO, USA
OBJECTIVE: To provide maximum levels of guest service, van transportation, luggage handling, bellman service, and other designated service in accordance with the goals and standards established by Gant management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide guest services through van transportation, luggage handling, bellman service and other designated services in a cheerful, courteous, efficient and professional manner.
- Be aware of the hours of operation and service levels of the PBX, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Reservations, Concierge, and Front Desk departments. Know the location and hours of operation of Aspen's restaurants, shops, various activities and transportation vehicles.
- Keep vans clean and well maintained at all times, with sufficient gas, oil, and window washer fluid.
- Daily responsibilities:
- Complete daily checklist according to schedule.
- Complete all Bell Person requests.
- Deliver guest dry cleaning and mail.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the following:
- Office entry way and walkways
- Locker Rooms
- Pool Decks
- Other designated areas
- Open and close the pools, hot tubs, and saunas according to seasonal schedules.
- Police the property for trash, glass, towels and trespassers. Pick up cigarette butts.
- Sign keys and radios in and out with the Front Desk.
- Tidy offices including bathroom and remove trash.
- Early morning and late night snow removal in the winter.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and friendly appearance wearing a clean and neat uniform including proper footwear, a belt, and nametag.
- Know and follow parking and driving regulations in town and at the airport; pay own traffic tickets.
- Inform PBX or Front Desk of location on a timely basis.
- Employ safe lifting procedures at all times.
- Continually monitor all work areas for safety and sanitation.
- Correct any dangerous situation that may present itself. Initiate action and follow through until situation is rectified.
- Observe any unusual activity, and report thereon to the Maintenance Supervisor, General Manager or front desk.
- Have a working knowledge of the Bell Person Training Manual.
- Have a working knowledge of the Emergency and Safety Manual.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate odd/even fire day information to guests.
- Be knowledgeable regarding the switchboard operation and familiar with all PBX policies and procedures, and have knowledge of PBX training manual.
- Help Maintenance with grounds duties, including snow removal.
- Responsible for any chores designated by the supervisor on duty.
- Help Housekeeping Room Attendants with trash removal.
- Clear driving record with no alcohol or drug related offenses or habitual tickets.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend over, reach and stretch to load heavy luggage on to luggage racks on van roofs, lift and carry 75-100 pound luggage repetitively on a daily basis.
- Manual dexterity as required for picking up and carrying luggage.
- Dependable, stable work background.
- Willing to work various hours and schedules.
- Cheerful, cooperative attitude. Willing to help.
- Ability to contribute to a TEAM effort.
- Pass The Gant driving test.
- Self-starter with good initiative.
- Heavy lifting associated with luggage carrying and loading and unloading from the top of the Gantvan.
- Driving the Gantvan in varying weather conditions including snow, ice and rain.
- Mobility within the town of Aspen and the entire Gant property.
- Cleaning duties including trash pick up on the property and trash removal from the office, vacuuming and general cleaning.
- Summer grounds maintenance.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Luggage carts, 4-wheel.
- Snow shovels and ice scrapers.
- PBX phone system.
- Gantman Training Manual.
- Emergency Manual.
This Job Description in no way states that these are the only duties of an employee in this position. The employee is required to comply with all instructions and other related duties requested by his or her manager.