Front Desk Agent
- - Front Desk
- CO, USA
OBJECTIVE: To provide maximum levels of guest service through efficient guest registration, interdepartmental communication, problem resolution, and account balancing.
SCOPE: All front office activities as they relate to guest service, account balancing, and friendly communication with and between all departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide guest services in a courteous and friendly manner
- Register guests and maintain accurate guest information
- Provide accurate and complete operations according to The Gant policy
- Computer operation and maintenance
- Petty cash disbursement and accounting
- Guest charges and account maintenance
- Phone operation and service
- Supervision, direction and assistance to Bellpersons
- Audit and accounting
- Maintain the front desk as a communication center for the entire property and staff, with smooth, friendly, and efficient operations
- Provide reservation information and take accurate reservations. Aggressively sell walk in business.
- Provide accurate information about The Gant, the community, and special attractions and activities
- Follow up with all special requests in a timely manner to provide excellent guest service and the protection and safety of the property
- Solve problems courteously and efficiently, and to alert the appropriate supervisor for follow-through if necessary
- Process all mail, messages, and deliveries for guests and homeowners
- Keep the office clean and neat at all times, monitor all work areas for safety and sanitation.
- Employ safe lifting techniques at all times
- Have a working knowledge of the emergency and safety manuals to provide a safe environment. Know the safety and emergency procedures.
- Correct any dangerous situation that may present itself. Initiate action and follow through until situation is rectified.
- Upon observation of any unusual activity, report immediately thereon to the Guest Service Manager, Front Office Manager, Assistant General Manager, or General Manager.
- Have a working knowledge of the Front Desk Training Manual.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct and assist the Gantmen in performing their duties including; organizing and coordinating rides, requests, luggage, and verify that daily van checks have occurred. Actual performance of Gantman duties may be required.
- Work with Front Office in directing the Gantmen with their duties, and with phone volume as needed.
- Follow up with all special requests at the end of each day. Meet with each department and evaluate outstanding request status.
- Have a working knowledge of the Gantman Training Manuals.
- Valid driver's license with no alcohol related offenses or habitual tickets.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend over and kneel down to access lower storage areas, lift and carry 50-75 pounds of luggage several times daily.
- Spend most of the day on foot.
- Visual ability to read computer screens and switchboard.
- Manual dexterity involved in typing, operating a PBX, and passing documents to guests over the front desk.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to guests and co-workers.
- Willingness to work various hours and schedules.
- Cheerful cooperative attitude.
- Ability to contribute to a team effort.
- The primary work area is the front desk, lobby, and office area.
- Extensive computer and telephone operation.
- Extensive contact with guests.
- Fast paced work environment with multi-tasked duties.
- Van driving and luggage deliveries to assist Gantmen.
- Standing for eight-hour shifts.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- PBX switchboard.
- Computers and related materials.
- Vans – Vehicles.
- Luggage carts.
- Copy, fax, and postage stamp machines.
- Office furniture and supplies.