- - Engineering
- CO, USA
- Part Time
Daily completion of all in unit maintenance work orders, maintenance of all Gant units in a state of good repair, and performance of in unit semi annual preventive maintenance programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Daily completion of Maintenance work orders in a timely and efficient manner.
• Quality completion work orders pertaining to all areas of In Unit Maintenance including:
o Kitchens and appliances.
o Thermostats, zone valves and heat registers.
o Furniture repair.
o Bathroom and fixtures.
o Electrical fixtures and lamps.
o Doors, locks, deadbolts.
o Carpentry repairs.
o Semi annual preventive maintenance programs.
• Utilize online work order system and inventory software used for daily and monthly billing procedures. Preparation of tickets (figure totals) for review by Chief Engineer.
• Assist with the purchase, receipt, storage and control of all in unit Maintenance supplies, equipment and tools.
• Assist with the performance of regular inventories and maintenance of necessary supplies.
• Daily cleanliness of the maintenance office and shop.
• Complete of special projects as assigned.
• In the absence of the Chief Engineer, a general understanding of the following:
o Heat and hot water systems
o Water softener
o Fire and safety equipment
o Pools and spas
o Gant Vans
• Winter snow removal as required.
• Adhere to safe lifting procedures.
• Knowledge and understanding of all fire and emergency procedures and Gant safety standards; ability
• Continually monitor all work areas for safety and sanitation.
• Correct any dangerous situation that may present itself. Initiate action and follow through until situation is rectified.
• Observation of any unusual activity, and report thereon to the Chief Engineer or manager on duty.
• Physical Plant Maintenance duties.
• Assist other departments as needed.
• Previous maintenance or property management in luxury hotel or residences a plus.
• Experience with electric and small hand tools such as a power saw or drill, basic understanding of plumbing, electric, appliances and carpentry.
• Ability to respond to multiple demands in fast paced environment with a positive attitude.
• Availability and willingness to work additional hours when necessary to guarantee quality work and a safe property and facilities.
• Honest, dependable, possess leadership ability and able to initiate and work well on own.
• Cooperative, able to enjoy and get along well with other people and possessing a dedication to good service.
• Ability to lift and move heavy appliances such as refrigerators, ranges, microwaves, and furniture such as hide-a-beds and mattresses approximately five days continuously, twice a year, and as needed.
• Manual dexterity required for using manual and power tools, fixing electrical fixtures and appliances, furniture repair, etc., as well as repairing gardening equipment, planting, cleaning and maintenance of pools and spas, etc., repetitively, on a daily basis.
• Ability to climb stairs, bend over and kneel in order to check heat valves, crawl under stairways, reach to replace fire bricks, stretch, push a refrigerator and pull a loaded dolly, and lift and carry 50-75 pounds at a time on a daily basis.
• Property includes 143 condominium units accessible by floor via elevator. Some units on each floor accessible only by small flight of stairs. Work could involve moving from one unit to another to perform in-unit Maintenance repairs and occasionally outside work.
• All units contained in 10 buildings on 5 acres within walking distance. Outside work may take place in adverse weather conditions.
• Maintenance office accessible by stairs and equipped with computers, telephones, paging equipment, desks, chairs, calculators, file cabinets, plus.
• Maintenance workshop accessible by stairs and equipped with all necessary equipment to perform services for units and grounds as well as an inventory of supplies for in-unit repairs. These items include but are not limited to TV's toilets, paint, work bench, tapes, dies, thermostats, electric switches, plumbing stock, tile, screens, lights, etc.
• Storage areas containing pool and spa chemicals, lawn equipment such as lawn mowers, snowblowers, lawn fertilizers, and chemicals such as snow melt, fertilizer, etc.
• Front Office equipped with telephones, computers, calculators, file cabinets, desks, chairs, PBX equipment, copy machine, Gantvans, Supervisor mailboxes.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
• Manual hand tools such as pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, etc.
• Electric power tools such as drills, grinders, saws, etc.
• Telephone system, computers, printers, calculators, paging system.
• In unit appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, TV's, vacuums, etc.
• Ventilation equipment.
• Washers and dryers.
• Miscellaneous building equipment.
• May also include the following:
o Tennis and recreation equipment.
o Heat and domestic boilers.
o Irrigation systems.
o Grounds keeping equipment such as roofing equipment, lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc.