Front Desk Agent
- - Front Desk
- Aspen, CO, USA
- Full Time
- GENERAL BENEFITS: M/D/V, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, Sick Time (PTO after one year of service), Bonus potential, Wellness Bonus/Ski Pass; See Benefit Summary for full list. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, or other requirements and conditions.
*Housing may be available - Eligible for up to $500 Hiring Bonus*
POSITION SUMMARY To provide maximum levels of guest service through efficient guest registration, interdepartmental communication, problem resolution, and account balancing. This position involves all front office activities as they relate to guest service, account balancing, and friendly communication with and between all departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guest services in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain the front desk as a communication center for the entire property and staff, with smooth, friendly, and efficient operations.
- Register guests and maintain accurate guest information, including guest charges.
- Provide accurate and complete operations according to The Gant policy.
- Maintain cash drawer, including petty cash accounting.
- Provide accurate information about The Gant, the community, and special attractions and activities.
- Solve problems courteously and efficiently, and to alert the appropriate supervisor for follow-through if necessary.
- Process all mail, messages, and deliveries for guests and homeowners.
- Keep the office clean and neat at all times, monitor all work areas for safety and sanitation.
- Employ safe lifting techniques at all times.
- Have a working knowledge of the emergency and safety manuals to provide a safe environment. Know the safety and emergency procedures.
- Correct any dangerous situation that may present itself. Initiate action and follow through.
- Have a working knowledge of the Front Desk Training Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Effective communication both verbally and written in English, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner. Bilingual a plus.
- Available to work flexible schedule, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Hotel computer systems background preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The primary work area is the front desk, lobby, and office area.
- Extensive computer and telephone operation.
- Extensive contact with guests.
- Fast paced work environment with multi-tasked duties.
- Assist bell staff with luggage deliveries if necessary.
- Spend most of the day standing.
- Visual ability to read computer screens and switchboard.
- Manual dexterity involved in typing, operating a PBX, and passing documents to guests over the front desk.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- PBX switchboard.
- Computers and related materials.
- Luggage carts.
- Copy, fax, and postage stamp machines.
- Office furniture and supplies.
- Front Desk, PBX, and Bell Person Training Manuals, Emergency Manual.
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager(s)
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-time Seasonal
SALARY RANGE: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
GENERAL BENEFITS: M/D/V, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, Sick Time (PTO after one year of service), Bonus potential, Wellness Bonus/Ski Pass; See Benefit Summary for full list. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, or other requirements and conditions.
This Job Description in no way states that these are the only duties of an employee in this position. The employee is required to comply with all instructions and other related duties requested by his or her manager. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.