- - Bell Staff
- Aspen, CO, USA
- M/D/V, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, PTO after one year of service, Bonus potential, Wellness Bonus/Ski Pass; See Benefit Summary for full list. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, or other requirements and conditions. Housing may be available.
*Housing may be available - Eligible for up to $500 Hiring Bonus*
POSITION SUMMARY To provide maximum levels of guest service, van transportation, luggage handling, bell person service, and other designated service in accordance with the goals and standards established by Gant management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide guest services through van transportation, luggage handling, amenity delivery and general bellman services in a cheerful, courteous, efficient and professional manner.
- Be aware of the hours of operation and service levels of entire property. Know the location and hours of operation of Aspen's restaurants, shops, various activities and transportation vehicles.
- Keep vans clean and well maintained at all times, with sufficient gas, oil, and window washer fluid.
- Close the pools, hot tubs, and saunas according to seasonal schedules.
- Must maintain a neat, clean and friendly appearance wearing a clean and neat uniform including proper footwear, a belt, and nametag.
- Know and follow parking and driving regulations in town and at the airport; pay own traffic tickets.
- Employ safe lifting procedures at all times.
- Continually monitor all work areas for safety and sanitation.
- Correct any dangerous situation that may present itself. Initiate action and follow through.
- Have a working knowledge of the Bell Person Training Manual and Emergency and Safety Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record to be checked through insurance
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written in English, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner. Bilingual a plus.
- Available to work flexible schedule, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Service Industry Background preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to climb stairs, bend over, reach and stretch to load heavy luggage on to luggage racks on van roofs, lift and carry 75–100-pound luggage repetitively on a daily basis.
- Driving the Gant van in varying weather conditions including snow, ice and rain.
- Regularly work outdoors with adverse conditions with exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces.
- Mobility within the town of Aspen and the entire Gant property.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- Luggage carts
- Snow shovels and ice scrapers
- PBX phone system
- Bell Person Training Manual
- Emergency Manual
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager(s)
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full-time Seasonal
SALARY RANGE: $15.56 (or Colorado Minimum Wage) + tips
GENERAL BENEFITS: M/D/V, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, PTO after one year of service, Bonus potential, Wellness Bonus/Ski Pass; See Benefit Summary for full list. Benefits may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, or other requirements and conditions. Housing may be available.
This Job Description in no way states that these are the only duties of an employee in this position. The employee is required to comply with all instructions and other related duties requested by his or her manager. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.