- - Front Desk
- Aspen, CO, USA
- Full Time
- 401 K, Life Insurance, Wellness Bonus, Ski Pass
The Night Auditor will accurately close the daily deposits and computer work. This position will review all computer work of Front Desk Agents and detect and correct any errors, provide backup to Front Desk Agents as evening manager, and secure the property each night to ensure the safety and security of all staff and guests. This position will be responsible for all front office and security activities as they relate to balancing relative accounts daily, ensuring guest service and supervising employee actions and to act as night manager as related to problem solving and guest service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all Front Desk duties and functions outlined on the Front Desk Agent job description.
- Balance all daily computer and cash activity.
- Detect any variances or errors in daily audit reports. To either correct or communicate errors.
- Perform on-property security as it relates to key control, property walks, common areas, dangerous and unsafe situations including non-Gant guests and snow removal.
- Assist in training of Front Desk Clerks and Bell Persons.
- Act as night manager as related to guest service and employee issues including approval of overtime.
- Maintain computer operations at an advanced level of expertise including problem solving, trouble shooting and backup.
- Ability to perform all Bell Person and PBX job functions as outlined in the respective job descriptions.
- Correct any dangerous situation that may present itself, initiate action and follow through until situation is rectified.
- Continually monitor all work areas for safety and sanitation.
- Employ safe lifting techniques at all times.
- Knowledge and understanding of all fire and emergency procedures and Gant safety standards.
- Keep the office and lobby clean and neat at all times.
- Be able to book a reservation as a walk in or future arrival.
- Direct and assist the Bell Persons in performing their duties including organizing and coordinating rides, requests, luggage and closing pools. Actual performance of Bell Person duties may be required.
- Work with the Front Desk in directing Bell Persons with their duties; assist with phone volume if necessary.
- Follow up with all special requests at the end of each day: meet with the Maintenance and Housekeeping departments to evaluate outstanding requests status and to authorize overtime if necessary.
- Previous hospitality experience required.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Effective communicate both verbally and written in English, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner. Bilingual a plus.
- Available to work flexible schedule, including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Valid driver's license with a clean record preferred.
- Supervisory History overseeing multiple employees preferred.
- Hotel computer systems background preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The primary work area is the front desk, lobby and office area.
- Extensive computer and telephone operation.
- Extensive contact with guests.
- Fast paced work environment with multi-tasked duties.
- Assist Bell staff in all of their duties.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend over and kneel down to access lower storage areas, lift and carry 50-75 pounds of luggage several times daily.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Scheduled shifts to work until 12:00 AM
- Spend most of the standing.
- Visual ability to read computer screen and switchboard.
- Manual dexterity involved in typing, operating a PBX, and passing documents to guests over the front desk.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
- PBX switchboard and voice mail.
- Computers and all materials associated with computers.
- Luggage carts.
- Copy, fax and coffee machine.
- Office furniture and supplies.